My Sprint Android Nexus S had a problem with the time zone change last night. Not only did it set the time back by an hour (possibly based on the carrier signal), but it also switched from Central Time To Mountain Time. I am able to fix the problem by unchecking the “Automatic – use carrier supplied values” and manually specifying central time, but if I recheck the “Automatic” box it changes back to mountain time.
It seems as if Sprints Carrier signal accidentally started sending out a different timezone instead of sending out time code and saying it was CDT. So basically the Android clock fell back by two hours instead of one.
People Found This When Looking For:
- android daylight savings time bug (4)
- android daylight savings (2)
- sprint daylight savings time (2)
- ontime change in androide code (1)
- november 6 2011 - emails from a time traveler? (1)
- nexus s time daylight savings (1)
- nexus s does not change timezone (1)
- nexus s daylight savings time (1)
- twitter android error november 2011 (1)
- nexus s change timezone (1)